What is Eternally True About You?

I have been searching the Scripture the past couple of weeks, working on a project of a purely personal nature. But, of course, I have to share it with you. You know me, I can't keep anything to myself!

Looking up Bible verses can be a rather involved process. First, you pick out a key word, look it up and it leads you to 20-30 other key words and phrases. Before you know it...whoosh! You've spent a couple of hours wading waist-deep in the mighty surf that is the Word of God.

The subject I was researching was God's promises to His people, namely me. Sometimes I forget how God made me exactly the way He wanted me to be. Yes, goofiness and all. He gave me a tender heart and a big vocabulary and a strong back and a smart brain. He wants me to be the fullest and greatest me I can be, if that makes any sense at all. A whole, strong woman, fully committed to my life and Him.

Zephaniah 3:17 (KJV)
The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.


This verse holds beautiful, rich promises just for me. He will rejoice over "me" with joy...He will joy over "me" with singing...I like that!

Isaiah 49:5 (KJV)
And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength.


Wow! The Lord thinks I'm glorious! I'm going to take that one and run. The next time I get a really lousy case of the "poor pitiful Pearls," I'm going to read this verse again. And again, until it sinks in to stay. Thanks, God!

***

Momala's Book Club Pick: I read "Sam & Angel" last week, by Tom Junkins, a Winfield author. Tom is a Cowley County Writers Guild member and this novel is one fun ride, from start to finish. Give it to a guy in your life who wants to live vicariously through the protagonist's lavish, adventure-filled lifestyle. Message me if you want a copy. Three out of five stars.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did four aerobic workouts last week. My daughter noticed that I was losing weight last week. Yippee!

***

Notable Quote:
"Desserts is stressed spelled backwards."--Sonic Drive-In

Comments

Bonnie Tharp said…
Thank you for the reminders that we are made as we should be, to perform the work we are given to do. We're given such a huge capacity to love, and that includes ourselves. I think we forget that sometimes. Bless you, dear friend. Happy Holidays!

BD

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward